Raj has been with Traffic Systems since 2009 as a Project Manager having re-joined the company after a period in another traffic signals company. Previously Raj had worked with us for three years on a range of Traffic Signals projects as one of our registered electricians.
In his previous role with us Raj gained a wealth of hands on experience installing and wiring switchboards and traffic lights, upgrading existing traffic lights as well as ongoing signal maintenance and fault finding.
As Project Manager on the Ramp Metering Project with Downer Edi for CSL Traffic, Raj was responsible for programming traffic forecast and field work on weekly basis; allocating work assignments to the wider team; attending monthly safety meetings with the client and maintaining site safety at all times. During this time, on top of managing his expected duties, Raj also took on extra tasks such as building seven intersections for Manukau City Council under their maintenance contract. Raj also worked on the Te Atatu off ramp project under NZTA which ensures he is adept at meeting NZTA standards and specifications
Raj has a comprehensive understanding of intersection software communication protocols including the use of Multiplexes as control devices.
Raj sets high standards for himself and his team; he is a proactive problem solver who actively seeks out new challenges and can be relied upon to oversee timely project completions.
Qualifications and Training
· Registered Electrician
· Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Major in Electrical)
· Fiji Electricity Authority Standard Wiremen’s Licenses
· 2000 Certificate to work on High Tension Lines (3.3 KV)
· WTC6A Vector Service Connections Warrant
· STMS Level 1
· Electrical Inspector Course
· Specialist Electrical Installation – Traffic Signals & Street Lights
· Trade Coordination & Supervision
· Quality Assurance
· Health & Safety Management
· Traffic Management
· Client Interface
· 2009 – Present: Project Manager - Traffic Systems Ltd
· 2008 – 2009:– Project Manager - CSL Traffic
· 2005– 2008: Electrician -Traffic Systems Ltd