Traffic Signals Maintenance and Upgrades 2004 – 2012
About Waitakere City Council
Waitakere City is the western city within the metropolitan Auckland region.
It is the fifth largest city in New Zealand, with a population of nearly 200,000 – and growing fast.
The city has strong environmental heritage, and markets itself as the ‘Eco-city’ of the region.
This is a scheduled preventative and remedial maintenance contract for 68 sets of traffic signals.
We have held this contract since 2004, and recently re-won it for a further three years.
The scope of the contract includes:
- Scheduled maintenance
- Emergency and fault response
- Routine lamp changing
- Repair of cabling and electronic components
- Configuration of controllers
- Vehicle detector loop replacement
- Asset condition assessment and reporting
- Upgrades to hardware and signals controller software
- Pavement re-instatement
As well as maintenance services, we upgrade the existing signals at a rate of between six and eight intersections per year, and construct on average about four new signalized intersections per year.